Thursday 24 May 2012

Open Studio




I’m opening my studio so that you can all come and have a peek....YAY!! From the 1st to the 17th June it is South East Open Studios and although I didn’t have my studio when it was sign up time, Anne in the studio downstairs is taking part and has very kindly let me jump on her bandwagon. So now you get to visit two very different studios in one building.

Let me tell you a little about Anne Wimsett


  She is an incredibly prolific artist working with paint, ceramics and textiles. Her work is full of texture, character, heart and soul. Anne is not a crowd pleaser and cannot be faulted for her unapologetic approach to her art. She creates art that is true to who she is and this is evident when you see a large body of her work, which you will when you visit her studio. Do take the time to visit her Aladdin’s cave of a studio; there are some gems in there. Take the time to have a good look.


These two paintings are also the views from my studio windows.




After visiting Anne pop upstairs and say Hi to me. J There isn’t quite as much to see but you will get a peek at where I hide out every day.


 You might also get a sneak peek at some of the big projects I’m working on at the moment. You can also find out about the workshops I am running from the studio. I will have a batch of ready made colour yourself soft dolls available to buy, perfect for keeping the kids occupied during half term. They can even use my fabric pens to create their little piece of art whilst you look around the studio.


I do hope you can pop along. Check my Facebook page nearer the time to see when I will be there. I will try to open most days at some point in between juggling kids, home etc.

Right better start tidying the studio.........................


Fat Hen And Flo Studio 3
11/15 The Old High Street,
Folkestone
Opposite Georges House Gallery






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment.I hope you enjoy my blog.