Friday 18 February 2011

folksy friday


inspired by the amazing david nash programme on bbc4 last night i thought i would choose wood as todays theme. here is a link if you didn't get to see it http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00ymlhp/Force_of_Nature_The_Sculpture_of_David_Nash/

this is what my husband made for me for our tenth wedding anniversary back in september. probably my favourite gift ever.

it sits on my desk by my sewing machine so that i can pick it every now and then and hold it.
so beautiful and tactile.

and here is some of the incredible stuff i found on folksy.

this is so beautiful ..... i could store my buttons in it.
Large image

another wooden heart
Large image

how cute is this little boat
Large image

because we always have plenty of hugs in our house
Large image

this bowl is beautiful
Large image

i wish i had space for this
Large image

this is pretty funky and a great way of recycling
Large image

these are such a simple shape and so beautiful
Large image


i wood (sorry) go on but as much as i love the world on virtual window shopping the sewing machine is calling.
i hope you enjoy my selection.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for featuring my boats! Love your selection :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for featuring my recycled skateboard bangle :) those are some lovely finds, I love natural materials :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks guys, nature does provide with amazing materials and inspiration.
    love your items.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.I hope you enjoy my blog.