Tuesday 28 September 2010

What's been sewing at Fat Hen And Flo



It has been a while I'm afraid since I last blogged......that sounds like I've just been in confession....Anyway my poor blog has been badly neglected over the summer (if we can call it that!) and I thought it was about time I showed you what I've been up to. I'll start today with a quilt commission that I am working on. It is a large memory quilt made from my clients childrens clothes. The reverse will be made from embroidered pictures of their drawings.

Here a small selection of some of the clothes I have been sent. The parcels included, dresses, shirts, sleepsuits and even a hat and pair of swimming trunks.
All neatly cut and sorted.
Now is where the fun begins and it starts to be pieced together. Here is the centre block.


The fabrics are working fantastically well together .....imagine how co-ordinated the children must look ;-)
That's all for today but I promise not to leave it so long before I return with an update of how it's progressing.
To see some of the other quilts, flower brooches and rings and things I've been making have a look at my shop or my Flickr page.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment.I hope you enjoy my blog.